Carnelian Sphere (20mm)
DESCRIPTION: A highly polished Carnelian Sphere. These are pure carnelian, undyed spheres full of energy. Carnelian is orange Chalcedony, cryptocrystalline quartz. It is an ancient stone with a rich history of use in many cultures.
The picture is typical of the sphere you will receive.
SIZE: 20 mm in diameter.
USES: Carnelian is a stabilizing crystal, perfect for anchoring in the present. It’s high energy helps restore lost vitality and motivation and stimulates creativity for new pursuits. It improves concentration and removes extraneous thoughts in daydreamers, and during meditation.
This stone also protects against envy, rage, and resentment – yours, or from others, and encourages a love of life. It is useful for overcoming abuse of any kind, helping you to trust yourself and your perceptions.
Carnelian alleviates jealousy and possessiveness in relationships and is helpful in overcoming sexual anxieties and eating disorders. It is also beneficial with a male mid-life crisis.
- Carnelian is a Seeker Transformer Crystal. As a talisman, Carnelian is an ancient talisman of luck. It drives away evil, will move a man to love, and brings women hope and comfort in pain. The wearing of Carnelian is recommended by the Lapidario of Alfonso X published in 1881 for those who have a weak voice or are timid in speech. A famous imam, Jafar taught that this stone would bring satisfaction to the desires of any who wore it.In modern times, Carnelian is a talisman of happiness, joy, and family togetherness. It celebrates physical pleasures.
- With its orange color, this stone is the color of the true birthstones of those born at the end of summer (August 22–September 22). The passion of the red ray has an almost multiplicative effect in the orange ray as it combines with the happy elements of gold.
- Carnelian is the ancient stone associated with Virgo.”Success will bless whatever you do,
Through Virgo’s sign, if only you,
Place on your hand her own gem true, Carnelian.”
- The Egyptians used Carnelian to symbolize the love of Isis. Medallions of Carnelian were made for the deceased to assure her support in the afterlife. Carnelian is also perfect for devotions to Ceridwen, the Welsh Mother, and Knowledge Goddess.
- Ancient medical texts discuss using carnelians to check the flow of blood. The Europeans found it to be protected from the Devil. It cures envy.Carnelian is associated with the Second Chakra, the Sacral Chakra. The Sacral Chakra is located below the navel and above the pubic bone at the front of the pelvis. It controls the flow of energy and is the center of gravity of the body. It is the center of the Life Force of the body.
- Carnelian has Fire energy and is used in the south area of a home or room. Fire elemental energy is the energy of enthusiasm, warmth, brightness, illumination, and activity. It is Yang in nature.It is the energy of heat, action, emotion, and passion- of ideas, concepts, and sex. It is alive, potent, but often destructive. We all need the heat, passion, and life-giving energy of the fire element. It is a powerful element that must be used in moderation.
- Carnelian in the ancient text is noted to derive its powers from the Sun and from Venus. Also called Odem, in ancient Egypt hieroglyphic texts from The Book of the Dead were engraved on amulets of carnelian. Modern writers find that Carnelian has the power to build confidence and increase our zest for life. It builds courage and strength of purpose. If you seek the power of Isis, and the power of the Sun to build your self-confidence and find ways to achieve your potential, wear a carnelian.