Lapis Lazuli Sphere (30-40mm)
Description: This is an exquisite, well polished Lapis Lazuli Sphere. It is a beautiful natural charm. Deep and radiant blue rays will serve you with positive energies. You will be pleased with the style and workmanship. Please note that you are buying a single sphere. The photo shows typical ones. All are different. You will be pleased… we guarantee it.
Size: Sphere ranges in size from 30-40 mm in diameter. Weight is approximately 100 grams.
Primary Uses: Long treasured, Lapis has been used by many cultures in a wide variety of ways. Today it is a valuable talisman for gaining respect, keeping negative energy away, and for helping us to remember to be humble in our dealings with others. It is extensively used in honoring Goddesses, and it is a potent healing crystal for dealing with blockages of the throat chakra. Read more about the many uses and properties of Lapis in our Crystal Metaphysical Encyclopedia Lapis Lazuli entry or check a summary in the table below.
- Lapis is a Enhancer Filter Crystal. Enhancers are minerals and crystals with internal crystal lattices of perfect cubic symmetry and internal harmony. They can focus and enhance our energy on the feelings of improvements we desire and help turn them to the thoughts that will produce the actions we need to improve.
Lapis, with its earth power of a Filter, is used to keep negative energy away from us. When we want help to see the best in others, to give others the benefit of the doubt, to see the good side of something, use a Lapis Lazuli.
It is too easy in life to see the glass half empty, the child as a poor student, or the spouse as a slob. Filters, like Lapis, help us see the glass half full, the child as a loving, well-meaning young lady, and the spouse as an excellent provider, devoted to his family.
Dark Blue Lapis is for enhancing respect and compassion in ourselves. Dark blue crystals teach us humanity, discretion, and honor. They help us act more charitably, and focus our efforts on service to others. They teach us grace, sensitivity to the needs of others, and tenderness in our dealings.
- Blue is the color of the true birthstones of those born as the world awaits the vernal equinox and spring (February 19–March 19). This is a time when new life is about to burst forth, a time of faith and trust.
- Lapis Lazuli is used in devotions to Dana (Danu), the Celtic River Goddess; Hera, the Greek Queen of Gods; Nuit, the Egyptian Goddess of Heaven and Sky; and Venus, Roman Goddess of Love.
- Blue Lapis Lazuli is associated with the Throat Chakra. The throat chakra is the voice of the body. It is a pressure valve that allows the energy from the other chakra to be expressed. If it is out of balance or blocked it can affect the health of the other chakras.
When it is in balance we can express what we think and what we feel. We can communicate our ideas, beliefs, and emotions. When the throat chakra is in balance and open, we can bring our personal truth out into the world.
- Lapis is associated with the planets Neptune and Venus as well as primarily with SAGITTARIUS (21 Nov – 21 Dec), Wikipedia tells us that as the ninth sign in the zodiac, Sagittarius is associated with the astrological 9th house, which is associated with natural Sagittarius matters – foreign travel and foreign countries and cultures, religion, the law and higher education, all things which seek to expand one’s experience, freedom, journeys.
- Lapis brings us Water Energy. Water energy is traditionally associated with the North area of a home or room. It is associated with the Career and Life Path area. Its flowing energy will assure a balance of energy as your life unfolds and flows. To keep your life moving forward towards your goals use the water elements energy. (In some modern feng shui approaches Blue is associated with Earth Energy, see Feng Shui explanation page.)
- Other practitioners report that Lapis is a stone that promotes friendship and truth. and can be worn to promote honesty and ease of communication. It is also believed to increase mental clarity, and be an energy focus for teachers. It is believed to enhance creative self-expression and to promoting spirituality.