Carnelian Small Tumbled Set
DESCRIPTION: Set of six very attractive tumbled carnelian. Carnelian is orange Chalcedony, cryptocrystalline quartz. Most of it comes from India, Brazil, and Uruguay. It is an ancient stone with a rich history of use in many cultures.
SIZE: 1/2 inches long
USES: Carnelian brings us orange, the color of joy and friendship. Joy is pure emotion, an elusive one, but a heartfelt one. Often as people grow older, they lose the capacity for experiencing pure joy. It can be a simple delight or a deep, lasting feeling. If something seems to be missing but you can’t really describe it, perhaps a bit of orange mixed in your daily life is needed.
Carnelian is an ancient amulet of luck and has a long association with Virgo. It was reported to help staunch the flow of blood from a wound, and to protect from the Devil. All in all a powerful amulet.
Click here to visit our Frequently Asked Questions about tumbled stones to learn more.
- Carnelian is a Seeker Transformer Crystal. As a talisman, Carnelian an ancient talisman of luck. It drives away evil, will move a man to love and brings women hope and comfort in pain. The wearing of Carnelian is recommended by the Lapidario of Alfonso X published in 1881 for those who have a weak voice or are timid in speech. A famous imam, Jafar taught that this stone would bring satisfaction to the desires of any who wore it.
In modern times, Carnelian is a talisman of happiness, joy, and family togetherness. It celebrates physical pleasures.
- With its orange color, this stone is the color of the true birthstones of those born at the end of summer (August 22–September 22). The passion of the red ray has an almost multiplicative effect in the orange ray as it combines with the happy elements of gold.
- Carnelian is the ancient stone associated with Virgo.
“Success will bless whate’er you do,
Through Virgo’s sign, if only you,
Place on your hand her own gem true, Carnelian.”
- The Egyptians used Carnelian to symbolize the love of Isis. Medallions of Carnelian were made for the deceased to assure her support in the afterlife. Carnelian is also perfect for devotions to Ceridwen, the Welsh Mother, and Knowledge Goddess.
- Ancient medical texts discuss using carnelians to check the flow of blood. The Europeans found it to be a protection from the Devil. It cures envy.
Carnelian is associated with the Second Chakra, the Sacral Chakra. The Sacral Chakra is located below the naval and above the pubic bone at the front of the pelvis. It controls the flow of energy and is the center of gravity of the body. It is the center of the Life Force of the body.
- Carnelian has Fire energy and is used in the south area of a home or room. Fire elemental energy is the energy of enthusiasm, warmth, brightness, illumination and activity. It is Yang in nature.
It is the energy of heat, action, emotion and passion- of ideas, of concepts, and sex. It is alive, potent, but often destructive. We all need the heat, passion, and life giving energy of the fire element. It is a powerful element that must be used in moderation.
- Carnelian in the ancient text is noted to derive its powers from the Sun and from Venus. Also called Odem, in ancient Egypt hieroglyphic texts from The Book of the Dead were engraved on amulets of carnelian. Modern writers find that Carnelian has the power to build confidence and increase our zest for life. It builds courage and strength of purpose. If you seek the power of Isis, and the power of the Sun to build your self confidence and find ways to achieve your potential, wear a carnelian.