Ankara Stick Agate Cabochon
Description: Rare pseudomorph of Ankaran Stick Agate from the Cubuk region of Turkey. Hand cut and highly polished by Earth Song Studios artist, Eric Grant. Ready to be wire wrapped, set, or fabricated into a beautiful piece of jewelry, or enjoyed as is. The photo shows the exact item you will receive.
Size: 31 x 23 x 8 mm. Weighs 7.6 grams. (1.2 x .9 x .3 inches. Wt: .3 ounces.)
Source: Earth Song Studios, FL
Primary Uses: Agate encourags a sense of reality and pragmatic thinking. Agates with regular designs soothe those who desire peace and harmony, while those with irregular designs can stimulate action and important decision making
Agate is beneficial in self-analysis and uncovering hidden circumstances that might interfere with well-being. It promotes self-acceptance and confidence, encouraging the speaking of one’s own truth. Agate overcomes negativity and bitterness of the heart, by healing anger, fostering love, and lending the courage to start over. It is useful for any kind of trauma. Learn more in the tabs below or in our Agate entry of the Crystal Metaphysical Encyclopedia.
Only 1 left in stock
- Agate is a Seeker Transformer Crystal. Seeker Transformers are talismans used when the desire is to find a way to transform a part of ones life to a more desirable state. Agate is the name given to numerous varieties of banded Chalcedony, a mineral of the Quartz family. Its name comes from the Achetes River in Sicily, where Agates were first found. Usually banded in layers, or stripes, some varieties have “eye” markings, or specks of color, some have fossilized inclusions, and others are solid. Called the earth rainbow, the concentric bands of Agate form in nearly every color the earth can produce, including a colorless form.
Chose these by the vibrancy and interest of their designs. Your mind needs to connect with their color and design for best results.
- Agate are great natural birthstones. Choose them by the color associated with the month of your birth. Find it here.
- Agates honor Aurora, Roman Goddess of the Dawn and Mother of the Winds. She brings the beauty of dawn each day, the vivid colors streaked and swirled across the clouds.
Agates honor Bona Dea, the Roman Earth Goddess of Fertility and the Greek Goddess of Women. She protects women through all of their changes, and is a skilled healer, particularly with herbs.
Agates honor Gaia, the Greek Earth Mother Goddess. Born directly out of Chaos, the primal emptiness, she was the first (or one of the first) beings to appear during the process of creation, and is honored as being the Earth itself.
Agates honor Cerridwen, the Welsh Goddess of Inspiration and Knowledge. She rules the gifts of prophecy and magic, and powers death and rebirth. She is the guardian of spiritual transformation.
Agates honor Nyx, the Greek Goddess of the Night. She is usually seen riding in a chariot, trailing stars and painting the night sky. Agate is strongly associated with Nyx because of its properties to protect against stress and for keeping bad dreams away.
Agates can also can be used in devotions to Clota, the Goddess of the River Cldye; Callisto, the Greek Moon Goddess; Chirakan-Ixmucane, the Mayan Creator Goddess; Dione, Phoenician Earth Goddess; Itzpapaloti, the Aztec Butterfly Goddess; and Jana, the Roman Goddess of Secret and Hidden Things.
- Agates are used in aligning all chakra,mainly based on the predominate color of the agate. Learn more here in our guide to Chakra Healing.
- Agates are associated with GEMINI. (21 May – 21 Jun.) Wikipedia tells us Gemini is the third astrological sign in the Zodiac, originating from the constellation of Gemini. Gemini is considered a “masculine”, positive (extrovert) sign. It is also considered an air sign, and is one of four mutable signs. Gemini has been closely associated with the planet Mercury and is considered to be ruled by it.
- Most agates brings us Water Energy. Water energy is traditionally associated with the North area of a home or room. It is associated with the Career and Life Path area. Its flowing energy will assure a balance of energy as your life unfolds and flows. To keep your life moving forward towards your goals use the water elements energy. (In some modern feng shui approaches Blue is associated with Earth Energy, see Feng Shui explanation page.
- Agate promotes inner stability, composure, and maturity. Its warm, protective properties encourage security and self-confidence. It is a great crystal to use during pregnancy. Agate also helps new mothers avoid the “baby blues” sometimes experienced after giving birth, and an Agate jewel worn between the breasts encourages lactation.
Agate stops the burning desires for things we do not need, and assists those juggling commitments or multiple jobs. It helps writers express ideas in marketable form, and helps young children learn to walk and not fall as they get older. [Eason, 305] Agate also promotes marital fidelity.
Agate is useful as a protection amulet when traveling, and is especially effective against traffic accidents.
As a professional support stone, Agate stabilizes the imagination and inspiration of artists, provides personal security for police, telephone workers, cooks, chefs and bakers, and protection from falling objects for builders and construction workers. It provides physical strength and endurance for dancers, dentists, and environmentalists, and emotional endurance for educators and recreational workers.