Cristobalite Lithium Cluster
Description: Cristobalite is an extremely rare form of Quartz virtually unknown to most stone energy workers and metaphysicians. It has the same chemical formula as Quartz crystals, SiO2, but has a different molecular arrangement of the silicon and oxygen atoms. The crystalline form is an octahedron, shaped like natural diamond crystals or fluorite octahedrons. This is an extremely energetic and sacred shape.
Cristobalite generally occurs as microscopic grains in open cavities in light colored high temperature volcanic rocks. Higher temperatures and energies occur in volcanic flows than in the hydrothermal, lower temperature environments where quartz crystals, chalcedony, druzy, and opal are deposited. Specimens of good Cristobalite is usually white to colorless, with a vitreous glass-like luster. The hardness is from 6-7. It is translucent. The specific gravity is low, 2.3, much lower than quarts due to its open crystal structure. Cristobalite forms spherical masses. The spherical masses generally have a rough glassy surface. Cristobalite is often fluorescent and Lithium Cristobalite is no exception fluorescing under both short and long wave light, and naturally in direct sunlight. Cristobalite is a late stage product of crystallization and often forms on the surface of another member of the quartz family. Cristobalite has a very open crystal structure permitting replacement of silica with alkali ions which balance the charge of deficiency. This occurs at high temperatures when the struct is kept open by thermal agitation. Elements incorporated in the structure are trapped in the center of the octahedron. Upon cooling, lithium ions are trapped in the center of the octahedral structure of the Cristobalite at this unique deposit.
Cristobalite like quartz has a high temperature beta phase and a low temperature alpha phase. When Cristobalite is heated to near 400 degrees Fahrenheit, (200 degrees Celsius), it coverts from alpha to beta. A white piece of Cristobalite will become transparent upon heating and then revert back to its white translucent appearance upon cooling.
Lithium Cristobalite occurs in a light colored high temperature volcanic flow which has been completely altered to clay with a very high lithium content. Lenses and pods of lithium calcedony occur within the lithium clay. The surface of the lithium chalcedony is covered by beautiful translucent spherical masses of lithium Cristobalite crystals. Honey colored rhombohedral lithium calcite crystals are sometimes scattered on the surfaces of some specimens. The honey colored crystals appear more pointed and sharper than normal calcite due to the larger lithium replacement ions stretching the rhombohedral structure of the calcite. They fluoresce ice blue under a black light and remain glowing for several seconds after the light is removed. This phenomena is called phosphorescence.
You will receive the exact item shown.
Size: 160 x 100 x 65 mm. Weighs 778 grams.(6.3 x 3.9 x 2.6 inches. Wt: 27.4 ounces.)
Primary Uses: Cristobalite forms at higher temperatures (energetic state) than common quartz. The crystalline structure is simpler and vibrates at higher frequencies. Lithium Cristobalites energy vibrates above the crown chakra like a rotating angelic halo. The focused, intense, ethereal energy is balanced by the calming lithium in the structure creating the perfectly balanced and focused energy. The transcendental nature of the energy combines with the fluid shapes of the stoens creating the perfect meditation pieces. When stones kept in the dark are exposed to direct sunlight the Cristobalite naturally fluoresce a light purple color due to the ultraviolet rays from the sun. An ultraviolet lamp also energizes the stones to a higher vibrational state allowing them to release even more desirable energy. Working with the stones in direct sunlight is advised.
Out of stock
- Cristobalite Quartz is a Seeker Transformer Crystal.
Seeker Transformers are talismans used when the desire is to find a way to transform a part of ones life to a more desirable state. Cristobalite Quartz is used when you seek a “better you” that will resist your impulses to cause harm or grief to others. It is a crystal to use when you seek self-improvement.
As a Transformer, Cristobalite Quartz, used correctly, can be a powerful crystal to use to transform your behavior to that which is loving and giving.
White is the color of the feminine gender, manifested as the Goddess in many cultures, and, as such, the color of the world of birth, and regeneration. It is a cool color of the night, the sleeping world, and it offers us the best guide to the hidden world beyond understanding, just as the moon is our only illumination in the dark world of night. White Candle Quartz crystals are reflective of the sleeping world and are good guides to that which is hidden.
- White Cristobalite Quartz is used in devotions to Allat, the Moon Goddess, Minerva the Etruscan Goddess of Wisdom. When it is clear it is used to honor Kundalini, the Hindu Life Force Goddess and Latona, the Roman Goddess of Light. As other quartz, it is also used by some in devotions to Gaia, the Greek Earth Mother,
- Cristobalite Quartz is used to heal the soul, not the body. It brings the energy of the sun or the moon to your efforts to find your way to happiness through goodness and respect for the needs and feelings of others.
- Cristobalite Quartz is associated with PISCES (21 Feb – 21 Mar). Wikipedia tells us Pisces is the twelfth astrological sign in the Zodiac, which originates from the Pisces constellation.
In astrology, Pisces is considered a feminine or negative sign. Being the twelfth sign, Pisces is associated with the astrological 12th house.
- Cristobalite Quartz has Metal elemental energy. Metal energy is the energy of intelligence, contraction, healing, and creativity. It is the energy of togetherness and crystallization – of ideas, of concepts, and of groups. It is some times hard, sharp, and often destructive, yet an essential element in all lives.
The metal element brings the power of concentration and determination to our lives and our dwellings. Use Cristobalite Quartz in the west area of your home or room to bring the Metal energy of concentration to your efforts.
- Cristobalite Quartz is a specialized meditation crystal used for very specialized efforts involving a need to see into a dark corner of your inner self, where you have very carefully hidden an evil or harmful though, idea, or plan.
- In “The New Crystal Bible” Cassandra Eason relates that Cristobalite is a “light in the darkness” that reminds us that tomorrow will be another day, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. In “The Crystal Bible 2” Judy Hall finds that Candle Quartz will bring your Guardian Angel closer. She notes that meditation with it will help you focus your life path towards service. She also tells us it is a crystal that attracts love!