Boulder Opal Cabochon
Description: A true work of art. The blues and cobalt colors make it an incredible stone. Boulder Opal was first discovered in Queensland, Australia in 1872. It is created when silica gel seeps into rock fractures. When the Opal forms in a thin layer over ironstone, Boulder Opal is created. Boulder Opal is cut with its natural matrix as a backing making it very durable. These are excellent choices for distinctive jewelry or metaphysical uses. You will receive the exact item shown.
Size: 23 x 11 x 8 mm. Weighs 4 grams.(.9 x .4 x .3 inches. Wt: .1 ounces.)
Primary Uses: Opal is a stone of lore and legend. This boulder opal is a healing stone, long associated with the eyes. It is also a stone extensively used in honoring several Goddesses. It is the traditional birthstone of those born in October. In Feng Shui, it can be used to bring Wood elemental energy to a location in your home. Its soothing energy and brilliant colors make this a wonderful personal talisman for transformation efforts.
Out of stock
- Opal is amorphous. That means it has no crystalline structure. It is composed of silicon dioxide and therefore is a Transformer Crystal. Transformers crystals have the earth power to help us change our lives in some manner. Transformers are an extremely important class of crystals. Efforts to change our situations, our prospects, our health, our relationships, our outlook, and ourselves can all be enhanced by using a Transformer talisman.
Transformation is a key use of crystal energy and power. Many human activities are aimed at transforming ourselves into something more desirable, more employable, happier, or more capable. Many people are searching for a better life, and know that transforming themselves is a necessary first step.
Dark violet crystals have special powers. They are the “dream crystals.” They are the windows to the soul and the world beyond our ordinary understanding. They are best for aiding us in interpreting our dreams, and are the entries to places in our minds we don’t know exist. In this opal they are mixed with brown.
The earthy, grounding brown color rays augmented by the myriad of other color rays in this opal bring us back to our mother earth. When you want to regain your composure, relax in your life, reconnect with the natural world, or just find the time to be yourself awhile, brown talismans, like the turquoise ones, are excellent aids. Modern life seems to disconnect us from the earth; we get caught up in the hustle and bustle. We forget to be human, and we ignore our true nature. When you do, these beautiful opals will reconnect you with your spirit.
- Opal is the traditional birthstone of those born in the month of October. These boulder opals make excellence birthstone pendants.
- Opal is a traditional healing crystal that is used to strengthen the will to live and enjoy life. It is used to ease the pain of childbirth. It is an augmenting crystal that helps direct the energies of others. Some have used it for clearing the base and sacral chakras. It promotes relaxations and has been used to cure headaches. It has long been associated with the eyes. It was called the Eye Stone by early Lapidaries in the Middle Ages. Placed on the eyes for a few minutes it is reported to ease the tension of eye strain.
- Opals are used to celebrate and honor Cerdea, the Roman Goddess of Doorways and Entry. Put one near your front door to welcome guests. It is also used for honoring Chirakan-Ixmucane, the Mayan Creator Goddess; Cyhiraeth, the Welsh Goddess of Streams and Brooks; Dana, the Celtic River Goddess; Ixchel, the Mayan Goddess of Childbirth; and Persephone, Queen of the Underworld.
- With its fire energy, this violet Opal is the color of richness and luxury in traditional Feng Shui. However, too much leads to restlessness and over stimulation. Use these crystals with caution – they are best as an accent and accessory. Use these crystals in rooms in which children play, and freely in rooms where energy levels are focused on activity. Dining rooms and kitchens should have a purple fluorite. They allow the free flow of energy that is important in these areas. Avoid using these crystals in the East, or Southeast of your home. The best areas are the North, Northeast and Southwest, and South.
- Opal is used in meditations in which you seek to reaffirm your connection with the earth and her spirit. The flow of love from the nurturing planet is facilitated with the use of a boulder opal bright with the colors of the earth and her glory. Mostly this is a soothing, calming, grounding crystal that reconnects you with the elemental joy of the natural world.
- Opal is extensively used in a wide variety of uses. It has a soothing, healing energy. It has been used as a symbol of love in many cultures. It is reported to be a seductive stone and an emotional stabilizer. It is used to contact spirit guides, and some use it to communicate with people of distant stars. It encourages an interest in art and music. Opal was known to the ancient Romans as the Cupid Stone, and served as a symbol of hope and purity.